About the Station
Station 53 opened in 1983 and was built on land donated at that time by the Glatfelter Paper Company in Spring Grove. It houses all of our Apparatus in addition to our antique, a 1952 GMC Engine. This Engine was the first new piece that was purchased by the Porters Community Fire Co. The station is equipped with an air cascade system that we can use to fill air cylinders and with a propane Generator that can power the complete building in case of a power outage. Our Social Hall can hold up to 500 people and our parking area is large enough to accommodate this many people. To the rear of our station is a bridge that the general public can use to hike the trails on property owned by Heidelberg Township.